[Squeakfoundation]moving to 3.6beta

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Jul 3 02:35:57 CEST 2003

The latest plan was to finally move to 3.6beta today, July 2nd.

I think we are more or less ready featurewise, except that we could
perhaps add the DecPools stuff which was approved.  (The only reason I
didn't already incorporate it is that it's a bit of a hassle to convert
the .sar file to changesets, but it should be doable.  Unless someone
else wants to do this?)

So, I think I should be able to add the DecPools stuff tomorrow (the
3rd), and the small handful of approved items.  Then after that, we can
move to beta tomorrow, and from then on we'll just add bug fixes.  Does
this sound reasonable?

Also, Daniel and I talked (on this list) about not opening 3.7alpha
yet, not until 3.6 moves to gamma, which I think is a good idea to make
sure 3.6beta actually gets tested.  (3.6gamma will be July 16)

Anyway, I think we have 8 1/2 of the 11 items from the 3.6 plan done,
so we're not doing too badly.  (Plus DecPools would be an extra item
not in the original plan.)  It doesn't look like we'll have time to add
Diego's look enhancements or Accufonts, but we can put them at the
beginning of the 3.7 plan to make sure they don't get left out next
time.

- Doug