[Squeakfoundation] Fwd: Packages in both the image and SqueakMap ofPackageInfo))

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 13 09:36:24 CEST 2003

On Sunday 13 July 2003 07:46 am, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> Back from fishing.

Hope your mosquito bites aren't too bad!

> Just note that it really isn't as simple as just creating the
> directory. The reason SM doesn't check for the existence of the
> directory is that it SHOULD be there. If it isn't there then we
> have an SMSqueakMap instance but no corresponding log file - not a
> proper situation. They should always exist together and in synch.

What happens to me is that I'll copy an image into a new directory, or
put a new image into a directory that has an old sm/ directory in it.

I think what happens is that the logic about loading full vs. updating
needs to be looked at, based on the existence and contents of the sm
directory.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com