[Squeakfoundation] Fwd: Packages in both the image and SqueakMap ofPackageInfo))

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jul 13 16:46:17 CEST 2003

Hi all!

Back from fishing.

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> I've looked at all pending fixes I could find to SM, and have released a
> new version with a couple of fixes by Ned.
>
> The relevant fix to solve this is by SFA (called "[FIX]
> SM-createSMDir-asm"), and should be applied to SM itself. I don't have
> the sm password for SM. I've tested the fix, and it works.

I will fix and post a new SM1.07 ASAP, today or tomorrow. I need to go
through exactly what happens one more time, I did it just before going
fishing but now I have forgotten about it.

Just note that it really isn't as simple as just creating the directory.
The reason SM doesn't check for the existence of the directory is that
it SHOULD be there. If it isn't there then we have an SMSqueakMap
instance but no corresponding log file - not a proper situation. They
should always exist together and in synch.