[Squeakfoundation]3.5 release timing (was Re: Outstanding 3.4 bugs?)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Mar 8 15:16:52 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 08:08, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> I agree with everything you said. About Accufonts, I think it depends on
> what Cees/Andrew can tell us about any discussions with Apple.
I haven't heard anything back yet.

Just to make it abundantly clear: Accufonts replacements would be a
token gesture to Apple, it wouldn't do anything to make Squeak more free
because the Accufonts license has exactly the same problem as the Apple
fonts license.

> I would really love to know that Andrew and Cees are talking, and we're
> getting Andrew's best (non-official) advice about how to go about this.

I've given up mailing to Andrew (and Dan) on SqF/Licensing issues last
summer, after never getting responses from either one on repeated
requests. So I'm at the moment 'singlehandedly' tackling discussions
with Apple.