[Squeakfoundation] Decision time: Are SCG the steward of the kernel as proposed?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 12 07:53:35 CET 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> I don't know if votes are that important (in the absence of any dissent,
> at least), but yes anyway.

I looked up the word "dissent" but could still not really figure out
what you mean.
Anyway, I think it *is* important that SCG get some form of "official"
GO on this.
And the only thing we have right now is *us*. The Guides. So I want us
to show them that we are 100% behind them or not.

It is otherwise a typical upcoming situation that people in the
community starts whining about "Hey, when did *we* decide that SCG are
Stewards for the kernel? I mean, look what they are doing - they are
changing the WatchamaCallit into a ThingThingy instead of the good old
DoeyHicky".

And then we can say - "Well, we did. Look here. Sue us."