[Squeakfoundation] Decision time: Are SCG the steward of thekernel as proposed?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Mar 12 15:44:53 CET 2003

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> > I don't know if votes are that important (in the absence of any dissent,
> > at least), but yes anyway.
>
> I looked up the word "dissent" but could still not really figure out
> what you mean.

Dissent meaning "opposition" or "disagreement".  I think he meant that since
nobody strongly objected (on squeak-dev or here) to the idea of SCG becoming
stewards of the kernel, in that sense maybe we didn't really need to vote on
it.

But I agree that an official vote is good for this type of important decision.

- Doug Way