[Squeakfoundation] re: Allow MIT-licensed code to be part of "SqueakOfficial"?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Nov 16 23:56:07 CET 2003

Once the MIT-licensed code is in the official image, will it become
SqueakL? I think that would be the simplest solution, that is, if
someone "extracts" something back out of Squeak he would be bound by
SqueakL. Otherwise, I guess there would be the need to have a registry
of which code in the image is under what license, and fixing/enhancing
that body of code would become a mess. Sounds ugly to me. Or am I
missing something, not being a lawyer or something? ;-)

--
    Bert