[SqNOS] Memory, ideas?

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Mon Jul 3 15:43:51 UTC 2006

>>    . We've done the most stupid implementation of calloc() and free()
>>in order to build the VM without any changes [code at the end].

    I just compiled SqueakNOS with FFI support, mainly to support the standard Squeak way of accessing external memory. On the bottom, there's still this ugly hackish malloc() implementation we have, but we hopefully fix it latter. Know ExternalObject and friends work. As should ExternalFunction. Of course there is no support for dynamic libraries, however, internally compiled plugins should be accesible as if they were dynamic libraries (ExternalLibrary and ExternalLibraryFunction, as well as named primitives, of course).

    With this, I'll try to move forward on implementing the Ethernet support that I was working on when all this was fired.

    gera