[SqNOS] Networking is comming to a theater close to you!

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Tue Jul 11 13:28:07 UTC 2006

Johnathon Meichtry wrote:
> Hi Gera,
>
> *Fantastic and it takes only a brief look at the code to see how much
> effort you have put into this so far!!!!*
    :-) thanks a lot! I can't wait the next free time slot I have to
continue (and finish!). I quickly tested weather the IRQ support will
work for this device, and in fact, I just turned a bit on, and IRQs
started arriving correctly! :-)
> I have loaded SqueakNOS-gera.18.mcz and there is a slight bug, refer
> attached screen capture.  The problem seems to be that
> *LanceNICTransmitRingDescriptor16 *used to have method
> *externalNewAligned* but it isn't there any more (it's a bit odd as
> Squeak/Monticello is meant to stop this from happening).
    thanks a lot for reporting, it's fixed now. I have added those
methods to classes in FFI, and for Monticello to include them you have
to put them in a special cathegory (*SqueakNOS in our case). get
.19.mcz, that should do the trick.

    from what you said, I assume you are successfully upgrading
SqueakNOS from Monticello and rebooting with modifications, right?
didn't you have problems with PCIDeviceEntry
class>>vendorsAndDevicesZLibData when loading from Monticello?

    so, again, thanks for testing and reporting so fast!
    gera