TCP/IP and simulation was: Re: [SqNOS] Wiki link a SqueakSource

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Tue Sep 23 20:59:44 UTC 2008

Karl Ramberg wrote:
> I can look at the TCP/IP stuff. No promises...
> How do I run SqueakNOS in VMWare or whatever on Windows ?
> I don't have any money so I would need a free/gratis virtual machine
> option.

    As Michael suggested, you can get the free VMWare player.
Take a look at the diary entry for 2 Sep 2008 from
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/gera/

    There it says where to get the player, the vmware preconfigured
image (VMWare appliance) and how to mount the virtual hard disk
to get and change the .image file, so you can test your on modifications
of SqueakNOS.

    good luck! tell us how it goes!
    richie