TCP/IP and simulation was: Re: [SqNOS] Wiki link a SqueakSource

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:32:17 UTC 2008

Gerardo Richarte wrote:
> Karl Ramberg wrote:
>
>> I can look at the TCP/IP stuff. No promises...
>> How do I run SqueakNOS in VMWare or whatever on Windows ?
>> I don't have any money so I would need a free/gratis virtual machine
>> option.
>>

>     As Michael suggested, you can get the free VMWare player.
> Take a look at the diary entry for 2 Sep 2008 from
> http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/gera/
>
>     There it says where to get the player, the vmware preconfigured
> image (VMWare appliance) and how to mount the virtual hard disk
> to get and change the .image file, so you can test your on modifications
> of SqueakNOS.
>
>     good luck! tell us how it goes!
>     richie
I could not download the file SqueakNOS-ESUG-vmware.zip. But the
.tar.bz2 worked.

Booting the image worked fine, yay.

Trying to figure out the networking stuff is where I'm at.
There is lots of stuff I don't understand yet, so I'll browse around and
test code snippets :-)

HTTPSocket class shows only decompiled source :-(

Karl