[SqNOS] SqueakNOS boots under VirtualBox on Mac OS X 10.5

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed May 20 01:04:10 UTC 2009

Merik Voswinkel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used the SqueakNOS.iso version of 08-Aug-2006.
> I use VirtualBox 2.2.2 on Mac OS X 10.5 on a dual core macmini.
Ok... I'm back from ostracism... Let's see what happens when you use a
newer version from:
 https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3891&package_id=3865

for example the ESUG 2008 one, that's a year older than the one you
tried and I had fixed a few problems there. Let's start with that.

> Next I will try to test the network, but it expects different devices
> than SqueakNOS has,
Apparently none of the devices emulated by VirtualBox is supported by
SqueakNOS. I think you'll have to make them work, however, I think PCnet
should be the same a Lance cards (I quite don't remember, should try to
find that info again), and Lance is supported.

In any case, open a browser (open SqueakNOS's .image with a regular
squeak, and browse clases) There you'll see the other network devices
implemented (LancePCIDevice and Realtek8139PCIDevice). This is the best
documentation you can get, and I think they are quite understandable if
you have the PDF (and I also think all necessary PDFs should be included
in the ISO image, however, I'm not quite sure if that also goes for
ESUG's .iso)

    sorry for the delay,
    let me know how it goes,
    gera