[SqNOS] List sayHello; tellMeHowToMakeCustomBuild

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Sun Apr 11 05:39:39 UTC 2010

Michael J. Zeder wrote:
> Sorry for the long posting yesterday, I now solved the problem (Indeed I just messed up the boot sector, accidently...).
> But now I got SqueakNOS running perfectly with my own images.

    Nice to hear that! keep us posted on what you do!
> One question still remains to me, I didn't find an answer yet. Can Grub Legacy set up another graphics mode (for example 1280x800x32), so that - together with hard coding this resolution in the C code (right?) - SqeakNOS can run in this gfx mode?

    yes, and there's no need to hard code no resolution in the C code.
Just change the boot line in GRUB and that's enugh (in fact you can try
from the command line in GRUB, or editing an existing line, without
changing the menu configuration until you are sure of what you want).
    If you try to set an unsupported mode you'll get a list of the
available modes.

    gera