[UI] Re: UI plan, my thoughts

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:56:40 UTC 2007

On 26/08/07, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Hi Bert,
>
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > On Aug 25, 2007, at 19:27 , Juan Vuletich wrote:
> >
> >>  I found little support for that from the Board
> >
> > You make that sound like the Board opposed any of this. This is not
> > the case, the Board so far has stayed out of *any* technical advise,
> > it is leaving these to the teams.
> That's true.
> > If anything, there was (unfortunately) little support from the Morphic
> > Team.
> That's not so true. I was the team leader, so support from the Morphic
> Team basically meant support for myself. But what I wanted to do would
> have broken badly back compatibility, and would have caused serious
> trouble to Etoys users. It was a risky decision, with good and bad
> consequences for many people. Too much for the Morphic Team (i.e. for
> myself) to make. That's why I asked the community and the Board for
> support. Basically, the Board didn't take a position, and the community
> (almost all who said something) were against it.

What was fruits which came from morphic team before you stopped developing?
And what is the current state of morphic package, does it have any maintainers?
I have to admit that morphic in its current state requires a clean up.
Maybe starting from a scratch is a good decision.
Lately in squeak-dev there was note of someone who doing clean-up ,
called minimal morphic. He's task was to remove dependencies from
Etoys in basic Morphs package code.

Maybe first, before new team can start doing something new, its better
to make an overview to think about what is done, what is started but
not finished and what is need to be done?

> I understand this, and it's ok. It is just that after that, I started
> doing all this in my own fork, the Morphic 3.0 image.
>

> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich
> www.jvuletich.org
> >
> > - Bert -