[UI] Re: UI plan, my thoughts

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Sun Aug 26 19:34:48 UTC 2007

> What was fruits which came from morphic team before you stopped
> developing?
> And what is the current state of morphic package, does it have any
> maintainers?
Pavel Krivanek has used the Minimal Morphic package, and making the
Etoys package loadable.
> I have to admit that morphic in its current state requires a clean up.
> Maybe starting from a scratch is a good decision.
Here is a short summary, not meant to be discouraging. There have been
clean up efforts like Morphic stewards. A little happened but after a
while it ran out in the sand.
There have been a few start from scratch project like Tweak and Morphic
3.0. None of them have catched on. There have also been a few native
widgets, native/multiple windows etc. Neither of them have catched on
either.
> Lately in squeak-dev there was note of someone who doing clean-up ,
> called minimal morphic. He's task was to remove dependencies from
> Etoys in basic Morphs package code.
>
> Maybe first, before new team can start doing something new, its better
> to make an overview to think about what is done, what is started but
> not finished and what is need to be done?
Brad posted a long list of swiki pages that summarizes much of past
efforts.

Karl