[UI] UI Enhancements

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Nov 1 02:22:43 UTC 2007

Gary,

Impressive!  The screenshot reminds me of the menu bar.  A friend of
mine recently bought a mac laptop, and it took some real adjustment for
me to look at the menu.  That integration is one area where the
native-or-bust crowd might actually have a point???  It is a minor point
in my book, as my focus is on a Windows-Linux escape system.  You are
doing wonders for the look and feel of Squeak.  THANKS!!!!

Re Watery, I think I would like it more if it were not so uniformly
bright.  You are probably just emulating the real thing, but some darker
tones might cut down on eye strain?????

Have we reached any consensus on MVP?  I _think_ it can be done with
morphs serving as views to start, and then break off into other
directions if we chose, or find it necessary.

Have any Monticello experts put together a script to load the latest
stuff?   I am almost remembering how to do so, but a blob of text in a
workspace is calling me.  I will probably end up taking a shot at it,
but would not be too proud to use an existing script if available.

Speaking of UI and Monticello, I am bothered by Monticello's download
behavior.  On selection, it begins lengthy downloads but gives no
feedback or opportunity to cancel.  What do you think?  One of my
favorite guidelines is "never punish the user."  I wish I could say I
thought of it.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com 10/31/07 6:54 PM >>>

Given a "standard" canned response from Flickr for my upload problems
I've
hit my webspace directly. Forgotten how painful "command-line" ftp is
(not
needed a usefult ftp client for a while).

Piccy of the "Watery" theme here:
http://www.gazzaguru2.btinternet.co.uk/Watery.png