[UI] UI Enhancements

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 1 03:22:21 UTC 2007

Thanks for the feedback (was hoping for more negative-feedback,
ironically!).
Well, it has been a bit barren on the UI list recently... apparently no
concensus on the "big" changes.

Until enough feedback is available to me I'll not update (or (upgrade, as
Damien puts it) the Universe. From my point of view, the Universe release
should be expected to be geneally stable, rather than experimental.

As for eye-strain, subclassing and posting alternate themes should be
relatively simple, given the (evolving) framework... I was hoping for others
to post packages that can be optionally loaded by the end-user. The Watery
theme is rather more "fixed colour" based than the others, deliberately. It
would be simple to subclass with a different default window/button/scrollbar
colour to tone it down (don't forget to give a different name on the
class-side).

MC treats the package download as a single chunk, AFAICT... no intermediate
progress, therefore. Widgets is getting (has always been) quite a large
change.

As for MC downloasds, maybe with MC 1.5 Keith and I can work on that...
cancelling the download may be possible, integration (atomically) may not.

Gary, thanks for all of your support.