[UI] Hands up who want menus themed

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 19 19:17:47 UTC 2007

Gary,

Obviously, it is your call.  I will admit that Squeak's menus could use
a face lift, but I am much more concerned about Morphic/hand weirdness
(feel) than the appearance (which has improved over time).  So, if they
look and work better, I won't complain.  If you decide that there are
more important battles to fight with the required effort, so be it.

Another slant would be to ask what else you might do for Squeak if you
left the menus alone?  You might throw some ideas at us to see what
resonates as needing work.  That said, I am very grateful for your
sharing your changes with us, and will happily go along for the ride.

Does that help?

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com 11/19/07 11:49 AM >>>
It will be a quite intrusive set of modifications...
Currently, themed menus are available when using the Theme directly (or
via
the TEasilyThemed trait). This will be about some extensions to
UIManager to
indirect the creation of menus. Of course, the PSUIManager will use the
theme support while the extensions will leave things open.