[UI] Re: "the new big thing" [was: MenuMorph hand weirdness]

Gary Chambers gary at pinesoft.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 15:21:44 UTC 2007

I think basing a UI on SVG would be a great idea. Proper rounded corners for
a start ;-) Not to mention, being vector-based for adapting to
screen/printer/visual-device resolution. As the thme stuff has gone on,
generally resticting to shapes/gradients has worked well. Of course, some
things are easier with bitmaps but that's down to the current (somewhat)
limited support for vector graphics in Balloon.

I might dig out the old-slow-code I did for SVG on top of Balloon...
(SVGMorph on SqueakMap).
Was pretty experimental but had at least one satisfied user!