[UI] Rounded corners [was Re: Fwd: Workspace backgrounds - almost there]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Oct 1 19:19:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:08:51 +0200, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Is that with or without the UI Enhancements loaded?

That's a good question. Will load UI Enhancements and check (later the
week).

> I put a lot of effort
> into fixing the corner grip positions and using absolute coordinates,
> rather
> than deltas, so that the mouse cursor changes appropriately when resizing
> below the minimumExtent of a window (mouse no longer within the grip upon
> mouse release).

Ahh, will be nice :)

> What does "rescue the old bits" mean?

I referred to #saveBitsUnderCornersOf:on:in:corners: which copies the bits
under potential round corner areas, then the client's block is evaluated,
then #tweakCornersOf:on:in:borderWidth:corners: puts back some of those
bits. Impossible with a one dimensional SVG+html stream :( or similiar
media, for that matter.

During rendering the to-be-rounded Morph does not know that, so I signal a
RoundedCornersNotification and exchange rounding information between the
related methods (the borderWidthForRounding I think) which [the methods
and their receivers] may be far away from each other on the stack. I need
the "to be rounded" info at the SVG+xhtml element level. Example attached,
FireFox/Opera and Inkskape recommended, Morph class names are in the
element id. Magnify to 200% and inspect the corners.

Will see that I can get that working with UI Enhancments.