[UI] Gary's UI Enhancements

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Fri Oct 5 03:52:45 UTC 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 3:53 AM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Could you explain more explicitly what the problem is and under which
> circumstances it occurs?
>
> Given that in normal circumstances
> 	Debugger allInstances == #()
>
> If your debugger instances dissapear after doing Smalltalk
> garbageCollect  a
> few times then there is no real problem, I think, otherwise it is
> possibly
> something to do with the taskbar.

No amount of garbage collecting has any affect on it, I just noticed
that my image was 40 mb bigger than it should have been and so was
doing some investigation and asked Pavel Krivanek to help me and he
found that System Windows were not actually going away when closed,
they just stay around. It could have been taskbar, but turning it off
has no effect on the situation... I'll get with Pavel and we give you
details of what was found, I don't have the image laying around right
now, so I'll dig it up.

Thanks,

Brian