[UI] [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version sq3.10-7143dev07.09.1

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Sep 3 13:44:24 UTC 2007

Damien,

Great idea!  As a side note, implementors, etc. seem to work fine; for
whatever reason, my image was not happy, so I will probably just move
some change sets into your image.

One comment: the scrollbars do not work as well as they did in my
previous image.  Clicks between the thumb and top/bottom buttons
(up/down a "page") appear to be ignored quite frequently.  There might
be some other lost clicks, but that was where I noticed it most.  Is
that a 3.10 bug?

I _might_ have pre-selected the soft-squeak theme.  The down-side would
be to turn off some users (but I doubt those people will ever agree to a
change to the GUI).  Either way, I would place a workspace in the image,
having expressions ready to change the theme to soft and standard, and
just about anything that opens a debugger, which IMHO received the most
stunning facelift of the entire image.  Given the way Smalltalkers rely
on it, that is a good thing because it might hook some people enough to
get them to support some changes.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> damien.cassou at gmail.com 09/03/07 5:11 AM >>>
Hi,

I've just uploaded a new squeak-dev beta image based on
Squeak3.10-7143 which contains the new UI from Gary Chambers. If the
new UI doesn't work well, please let the ui team know.

In a few days, you can expect a new release with OmniBrowser changes.

Changes in this version:
---------------------------

- DynamicProtocols has been updated. You can now drop methods to a
dynamic protocol, this will categorize the method as 'as yet
unclassified'. Also, the different progress bars have been replaced by
just one.
- SUnit and SUnitGUI are now the ones of Keith Hodges.
- The Universe now points to each SqueakMap entry.

Contained packages:
------------------------

This image contains the following packages:

AST version 149
AutomaticMethodCategorizer version 0.24
AutomaticMethodCategorizerServices version 0.2
ClassSelectorSets version 1
DynamicProtocols version 0.60
eCompletion version 0.88
eCompletion-Traits version 0.1
eCompletionOmniBrowser version 0.2
Installer version 1.0.130
OmniBrowser version 0.382
OmniBrowser-Full version 0.25
OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.28
OmniBrowser-Refactory version 0.30
OmniBrowser-Standard version 0.282
OmniBrowser-SUnitIntegration version 0.5
OmniBrowser-TraitsIntegration version 0.1
Refactoring Engine version 37
RoelTyper version 0.60
ScriptManager version 0.6
Shout version 3.15-tween.70
ShoutWorkspace version 1-tween.1
SmaCC runtime version 13
Squeak dev packages version 0.14
SUnit version 0.33
SUnit-improved version 4.0
SUnitGUI-improved version 4.0
ToolBuilder integration for UI Themes version 0.51
UI Themes and Standard Widgets version 0.5
Universes version 36
Universes OmniBrowser version 0.32
YAXO version 9

Updating the image:
-------------------------

You are not obliged to download a new image if you don't want. You can
always update your image.

To upgrade your already existing squeak-dev image:

1) World menu->open...->Package Universe Browser
2) Update list from network
3) Select all upgrades
4) Install selection
5) Execute: 'DEVImageCreator default install' (all windows will be
closed)

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe
Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Select your packages