[UI] [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version sq3.10-7143dev07.09.1

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:51:03 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

2007/9/3, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu>:
> Great idea!  As a side note, implementors, etc. seem to work fine; for
> whatever reason, my image was not happy, so I will probably just move
> some change sets into your image.

Your change sets might be usefull to anyone. Why not sharing them in
the mailing list?

> One comment: the scrollbars do not work as well as they did in my
> previous image.  Clicks between the thumb and top/bottom buttons
> (up/down a "page") appear to be ignored quite frequently.  There might
> be some other lost clicks, but that was where I noticed it most.  Is
> that a 3.10 bug?

I don't know. I noticed different bugs too.

> I _might_ have pre-selected the soft-squeak theme.  The down-side would
> be to turn off some users (but I doubt those people will ever agree to a
> change to the GUI).  Either way, I would place a workspace in the image,
> having expressions ready to change the theme to soft and standard, and
> just about anything that opens a debugger, which IMHO received the most
> stunning facelift of the entire image.  Given the way Smalltalkers rely
> on it, that is a good thing because it might hook some people enough to
> get them to support some changes.

The script manager is a better place to put documentation and code.
Please see the package ImageForDevelopers
http://www.squeaksource.com/ImageForDevelopers/ and add what sounds
useful to you.

--
Damien Cassou