[Vm-beginners] Adrian's blog; last part

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 20:21:57 UTC 2010

I made it right down to the last "make" at the end of section four, when
an error popped up. This is the last thing to make it work, so any
insight into solving this last part would be greatly appreciated. I did
use a 4.1 Squeak image for my VMMaker and such. But I can't figure
that's what's making the error. It's in "gnu-interp.c", I think.

Chris

[ 76%] Built target SurfacePlugin
Scanning dependencies of target AioPlugin
[ 77%] Building C object
AioPlugin/CMakeFiles/AioPlugin.dir/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/unix/src/vm/intplugins/AioPlugin/AioPlugin.c.o
Linking C static library libAioPlugin.a
[ 77%] Built target AioPlugin
[ 77%] Generating version.c
[ 78%] Generating gnu-interp.c
Scanning dependencies of target squeakvm
[ 79%] Building C object CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/gnu-interp.c.o
/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/build_new/gnu-interp.c:673:
error: conflicting types for 'readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt'
/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h:349:
error: previous declaration of 'readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt' was
here
/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/build_new/gnu-interp.c:22711:
error: conflicting types for 'readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt'
/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h:349:
error: previous declaration of 'readImageFromFileHeapSizeStartingAt' was
here
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/gnu-interp.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2