[Vm-beginners] what are the current best steps for loading VMMaker into trunk?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:32:43 UTC 2010

Hi Ken. Because of exactly your questions, we created a Metacello
configuration for VMMaker.

Check the package/class ConfigurationOfVMMaker in the squeaksource repo
MetacelloRepository.

If you see in such configurations, there are versions. And for each
Metacello version we put in the description, which SVN version you should
use. For example, for version 1.4 you have to use SVN version 2203.

The last version created in this metacello conf is 1.4, but I guess it needs
some updates. I am not sure if you need the LATEST code or just
experimenting to compile. If the second, then i would go with version 1.4.

Thare are some posts that may help you also:

http://www.pharocasts.com/2010/03/build-squeak-vm-on-linux.html
And there are links to other places also.

Good luck

Mariano