[Vm-beginners] what are the current best steps for loading VMMaker into trunk?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Dec 13 11:49:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 09:56:20PM -0700, Ken G. Brown wrote:
> What are the current best steps for loading VMMaker into the latest Squeak4.2 trunk?
>
> I thought that update in http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker repository might do it but I see it tries to load the following, but the ' later available -
>

> I don't understand what VMMaker update is intended to do.

Hi Ken,

Evaluate "VMMaker updateFromServer" to fetch the latest versions of
all the various packages. This works just like the Squeak update
stream.

Note, I just tried this a few minutes ago to make sure it works,
and it did not - I ran into a couple of Monticello download errors
(the old "can't find EOCD position" thing). I'm not sure if there
is a problem or if I just have a bad network connection at the moment,
but if you run into the same thing, just open the offending repository
and load the latest by hand. Sorry I don't have time to check this
further right now.

HTH,
Dave