[Vm-beginners] Interfacing with a C dll on Windows

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Oct 27 16:22:10 UTC 2012

I'm working with an SDK that works like this:
- A running application let's you supply your own C DLL, which imports a
proprietary one
- During the course of the application running, various events will cause
pre-defined hooks to be called in the custom dll

So, as always, I'm /mostly/ unwilling to code in C (unless it's inside a
Smalltalk VM, ha ha). I want to do most of the processing in Pharo. And, I
haven't done anything on Windows in years. How (if possible) do I directly
integrate the custom dll, running inside their app, with a Squeak VM? I'd
love to just use the dll as glue to communicate between the application and
my image...

Thanks,
Sean