[Vm-dev] [Cog] cmType ~= CMMethod

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 13:31:11 UTC 2010

Hi Eliot. I am having some asserts failing while running my tests. Most of
them during the sweep phase of the GC.

The two places where it fails is in

- NewCoObjectMemory >> lastPointerWhileForwarding: oop

if fails the assert:       self assert: (coInterpreter cCoerceSimple:
methodHeader to: #'CogMethod *') cmType = CMMethod.
In different runs, the cmType answer me 1 (CMFree)

- NewCoObjectMemory >> lastPointerOf: oop recordWeakRoot: recordWeakRoot
"<Boolean>"

and it fails in the same assert:        self assert: (coInterpreter
cCoerceSimple: methodHeader to: #'CogMethod *') cmType = CMMethod.

In different runs, I got values 0 or 6. BTW....seing:

initializeCogMethodConstants
    CMOpenPIC := 1 + (CMClosedPIC := 1 + (CMBlock := 1 +(CMMethod := 1 +
(CMFree := 1))))

I cannot understand how can I get 0 or 6....

Anyway, my question is if you have a clue of what can be happening so that
those asserts are failing. I am using Objects as methods, but normal objects
(subclasses of ProtoObject).

Thanks in advance,

mariano