[Vm-dev] latest vmmaker wont run with pharo 1.1.1 (dev)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Nov 7 16:26:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 05:08:59PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 07:33:37PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> >

> > >the DNU is with:
> > >	findLastOccuranceOfString: oldSubstring startingAt: 1
> >
> > It's a typo that should be fixed in VMMaker. The correct method name is
> > findLastOccurr_e_nceOfString:startingAt: without the underscores.
>
> Fixed in VMMaker-dtl.201.
>
> This was a left over reference to the deprecated #findLastOccuranceOfString:startingAt:
> which is still present in the VMMaker package but should no longer have been
> in use. Thanks for finding it.

FWIW, I remember now why that last reference to #findLastOccuranceOfString:startingAt:
was still in the VMMaker package. I left it there intentionally to permit VMMaker
to load in Squeak 3.8 and earlier images that did not yet have the new
selector (the "misspelled" selector dates back to 2003, originating from
a non-native English speaker, so completely understandable).

I just found this again after updating my VMMaker in a Squeak 3.8 image.
But there are plenty of other things in VMMaker now that do not work in
3.8, so I won't worry about this any more.