[Vm-dev] Where are precompiled stack VMs or interpreter VMs?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 01:30:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:15:22PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:45:14PM -0500, Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> >
> > - Keyboard Up events are incorrect when multiple keys are
> >   pressed at once. The latest vm's on squeakvm.org fail,
> >   however, they are nearing a year old, and the cog VMs (all
> >   newer) don't have this bug.
>
> I'm not familiar with the Keyboard Up event issue. Can you say
> how to reproduce this, preferably with a Squeak trunk image?
> Sorry if this was discussed before, but I don't recall it.
>
> I was not anticipating any further changes to the interpreter VM
> until after this round of "official" builds, but this one sounds
> like it may be important.

File in the attached changeset. (don't show keystroke events)

do: "HandMorph showEvents: true"

quickly, press A, press B, release A, release B.

you should see these flash by the top-left corner of the screen,
and on Cog, this is what you see:

    [keyDown 'a']
    [keyDown 'b']
    [keyUp 'a']
    [keyUp 'b']

on the official VMs, you instead see this:

    [keyDown 'a']
    [keyDown 'b']
    [keyUp 'b']

(you can of course use any two keyboard buttons)

It's an issue on mac and linux at least. Not sure about windows

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)