[Vm-dev] auto updates from issue tracker now blocked (was: [Pharo-dev] Put issues from cog issue tracker into pharo issue tracker)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Aug 11 14:07:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 01:36:46PM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>

> >Another dilemma is integrating bugs/fixes. For instance, look at
> >http://code.google.com/p/cog/issues/detail?id=102
>
> I'd love to see this getting added to all VMs. I wonder if it works with
> the Interpereter too. What can be done, if there's no sqLowLevelMFence()?
>

> Levente

The issue does not exist in the SVN trunk code base and therefore should not
be present in any of the interpreter VMs. As long as the updates are provided
to Eliot and picked up Cog (which of course is the intent of the Cog issue
tracker that Igor created), then all should be well. If and when the
sqExternalSemaphores.c and related code in Cog is added or merged into
the SVN trunk, both the code and this fix would presumably be available
in the interpreter VMs.

FWIW, in my role of maintaining VMMaker (trunk branch aka interpreter), I
try to keep an eye on the issues in the Cog tracker. I do not pay much
attention to the Pharo issue trackers.

Dave