[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.363.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Sep 10 23:14:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 09:50:14PM +0000, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Eliminate bytesPerWord in favour of wordSize (Smalltalk wordSize is
> the model here).  wordSize is shorter.  However, still generate
> BytesPerWord for wordSize since e.g. mpegtype.h has a parameter
> named WordSize.

FYI a number of constants including BytesPerWord and BaseHeaderSize
are replaced by message sends in VMM trunk as part of the changes
that put this all under compile time control (as opposed to defining
at code generation time). It would probably be good to apply these
changes to oscog at some point also, although I cannot realistically
offer to put any time into it right now.