[Vm-dev] Loading VMMaker

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Jun 22 20:13:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

Just to refresh my skill on compiling the Squeak VM (I'd like to play
with Kinect; I found some efforts like: http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/
but want to make a plugin that is suitable for my need.)

Let us say I'd like to compile a VM and my plugins on Mac, what are
the right steps?  (I had some experiences with VMMaker but that was
before I need to specify Interpreter class name in the VMMakerTool,
for example.

I added VMMaker repository in the Monticello browser, and opened it.
As trying to just load VMMaker shows a warning of missing FFI
constants, I turned to 'update' and load update-dtl.17.mcm.  Is this a
right thing to do?

But then, trying to load update-dtl.17.mcm onto the VM and image in
the 5.0 all in one package, the VM crashes.  Do you see this?

I'd like to get the files and image set up so that I can compile an
external plugin, preferably for Cog/Spur.  Some up to date guidance
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
-- Yoshiki