[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-nice.1733.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 18:13:55 UTC 2016

Hi Stef,

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 2:13 PM, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I wonder why you do not check our builds before pushing a change. Staging changes can make sure that
> we control the propagation of errors. And as you know, error = time = money.
> This is always difficult for someone to try to understand error that he had  no clue from where they come.

We need to stage on the other side.  Indeed VMMaker.oscog commits /should/ be expected to break slave builds.  Then only VMs that pass slave builds should be put somewhere where non-VM developers can fetch them and rely on them.

In my own site I provide a /latest and a /stable link instead of the raw builds. Hopefully the Pharo VM access can be made similar?