[Vm-dev] Cog + Pi + OSProcess

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Mon May 9 07:45:52 UTC 2016

On the Cog VM shipped with latest Raspbian (3553, plugins 3543) running on a Pi3, after loading OSProcess, evaluating
(PipeableOSProcess command: '/bin/echo this is a test') output
segfaults the VM, crash.dmp indicating
UnixOSProcessAccessor >> #forkAndExec: <snip>

The shipped interpreter vm (4.10.2 platform rev2614) works with OSProcess, so I can use that instead, but has anyone encountered this already and happen to have a plugin built for Cog/Pi that allows command: use?.

Cheers,
Henry

PS. Doing the layman's hack (copying over and renaming so.AioPlugin/so.UnixOSProcessPlugin from interpreter vm) does not work very well, no more crashes, but
the PipeableOSProcess created has pid nil, status notYetRunning and an empty string output, so I assume a Cog-specific variant is needed.