[Vm-dev] Ephemerons and VM crash

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat May 28 17:14:30 UTC 2016

Morning

I'm curious if anyone has studied the time taken to morn & finalize a weak
object. I ask this because in my past work with VW and VA the most
interesting GC issues I tackled related to how much time finalization took
versus how long the engineer thought it might take.

Thought on this should relate to normal processing, or situations where the
engineer is trying to force the finalization via interaction with the GC
logic.