[Vm-dev] Android VM threaded

Michael Rueger lists at andience.co.nz
Thu Jul 6 05:22:32 UTC 2017

Hi Ben,

as much as I hate to do this, but I think at this point Pharo/Squeak on Android is simply not an option.

You can't code on the device yet (no keyboard input) and for any real work you would need to remote (VNC) into the image
anyways. But, also no working sockets yet. And no JNI support.

With the limited time you have, Android native is your better bet. I'm also pretty sure Mr. Google will find decent
examples for your problems to start with. Never worked with anything bluetooth myself yet on Android, so I'm of no help
here, unfortunately.

Good luck with the project!
Will be happy to help you with any demo at a later point, when things are actually working.

Cheers

Michael