[Vm-dev] Touch/MultiTouch Events

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Sep 26 15:18:36 UTC 2020

Hi Tim,

Your info on pi-top touch display came after I had placed an order for a
PinePhone.

Note that Pine64 makes a PineTab for $200 with touch screen and
keyboard:
   https://www.pine64.org/pinetab/

I have no experience with this, just noted the advert while looking at
PinePhone specs.

I am just playing with KDE-Plasma on Wayland on RPi4 Manjaro, looking to
see API and how touch events get handled.

My current thought, assuming we can get raw events and do gesture
recognition in Smalltalk, is to put up an invisible morph on the screen
when a touch event starts and use submorphs to show touch and give
feedback (Chromebook Plus does this with circles for mouse & touch if
you ask for it -- very handy).

Anyway, back to playtime!

Good on ya,
-KenD