[Vm-dev] [Cryptography Team] Porting the Cryptography library to use libsodium

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Sat Sep 10 14:23:33 UTC 2022

Hi Rob,

Probably the best thing to do is have a look at SqueakSSL.  It has a method
to lookup OS Provided crypto modules.  Marcel is currently supporting it.
I wouldn't suggest adding libsodium to it but instead use it as a framework
to support the same smalltalk api and then add to it whatever you
believe is needed that you don't get from OpenSSL.

Building SqueakLibSodium as a Plugin makes the most sense to me.  It would
be nice if we could find a good way to find a way to keep both packages in
sync but having them as different packages seems much safer.  I'm happy to
be convinced otherwise.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum