[Webteam] "Powered by Squeak" logo needed?

Darius Clarke socinian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 19:06:00 CET 2005

Thanks Brad,

Several of those points crossed my mind as well. However:

> Need a smaller version

The professional look comes from the gradients. The gradients are just
going to turn into blurs if we go any much smaller because of hard
limit of pixel size.

> I wouldn't get fancy with the fonts UNLESS there is a font that people identify squeak with.

For me this font give the sense of the exotic, the '60's (because of
Tolken), a finely detailed linguistic system (also because of Tolken),
the renaissance, the classics, and the magic of an ancient, wise elfin
race, and a place for halflings to explore. All of these nicely
describe Smalltalk & Squeak.

Maybe we _should_ start to associate Squeak with a font. :-)

> changing the logo color

If this goes on another site, any change might not match those sites.
One could never win at that game. You could also say that the logo
matches the color of the title bar at the top, which already clashes
with the purple blue of the body. ;-)

Cheers,
Darius