[Webteam] "Powered by Squeak" logo needed?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Dec 16 19:20:30 CET 2005

Darius Clarke wrote:

>Thanks Brad,
>
>Several of those points crossed my mind as well. However:
>

>>Need a smaller version
>>

>The professional look comes from the gradients. The gradients are just
>going to turn into blurs if we go any much smaller because of hard
>limit of pixel size.

Yeah, I admit you have to make compromises when doing logos. Having
logos or other commercial images that scale well means they will be used
more often (and your logo will be chosen for other uses!)

>>I wouldn't get fancy with the fonts UNLESS there is a font that people identify squeak with.
>>

>For me this font give the sense of the exotic, the '60's (because of
>Tolken), a finely detailed linguistic system (also because of Tolken),
>the renaissance, the classics, and the magic of an ancient, wise elfin
>race, and a place for halflings to explore. All of these nicely
>describe Smalltalk & Squeak.
>
>Maybe we _should_ start to associate Squeak with a font. :-)

Sure, we could.
The font is cool, I don't disagree. But, I still think it should
represent squeak and the squeak community.... what ever that is... :-)

>>changing the logo color
>>

>If this goes on another site, any change might not match those sites.
>One could never win at that game.

Absolutely! but, you have to start someplace.

My comments were only suggestions from a non-professional graphics guy.