[Webteam] Re: Squeak web site down

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Oct 9 21:32:45 UTC 2006

There is more than one way to go about this.  However Goran has been
using daemontools (on Cees suggestion I believe) for some time now for
SqueakMap and with some success.

You can find information about daemontools in general (which are
installed on box2) at

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

As far as specifically using them on box2:

You have to setup a directory that supervise

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/supervise.html

will use for information about the process to start and keep running the
process.  Basically you just need a directory with an executable run
script.  You can find an example of one on box2
in /home/squeakmap/service/run .

When you have a script that seems to work, let me know, I will take a
look at it and set up the rest.

Ken