[Webteam] Re: Squeak web site down

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Mon Oct 9 22:05:01 UTC 2006

Ken Causey wrote:
> There is more than one way to go about this.  However Goran has been
> using daemontools (on Cees suggestion I believe) for some time now for
> SqueakMap and with some success.
>
> You can find information about daemontools in general (which are
> installed on box2) at
>
> http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
>
> As far as specifically using them on box2:
>
> You have to setup a directory that supervise
>
> http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/supervise.html
>
> will use for information about the process to start and keep running the
> process.  Basically you just need a directory with an executable run
> script.  You can find an example of one on box2
> in /home/squeakmap/service/run .
>
> When you have a script that seems to work, let me know, I will take a
> look at it and set up the rest.
>
> Ken

(I would have ssh'd, but my public key wasn't placed on the server yet.)
I use daemontools too for seaside and they are great!

there are already 2 shells. I received the info from Jason. But, I won't
place it here because this is a public email list. I'll send it to you
if Jason doesn't step up soon, since he and Karl are running the show.
Let me know.

brad