[Webteam] Re: squeakfoundation.org main site

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Oct 17 00:37:26 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> stephane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Karl
>>
>> may be we should contact lukas to get some help.
>> Ideally ESUG would like to get a ready to use image of Pier, this
>> image would be free
>> and everybody could use it.
>>

> I was thinking that Pier should be used. The question is how to get the
> current content over efficiently without copy and paste. Actually, it
> might not be that bad because I don't see a whole lot of content. Is there?

I've created a Pier image using the final 3.8 image (which needs to be pruned, I would imagine)
I copied over the text from the current SqF wiki into this Pier image. I also linked everything.
Everything seems to be working ok, although I haven't run it on that box2, just on my PC.

It's in:
~/SqueakFoundation/images/SqF-Pier-1.image

I can email all the port, display number and the other vitals (usernames, passwords) to individual email addresses for security.

Left to do:
* get a nice css and a header/image for the Squeak Foundation to make it look cool.
* create a daemontool service to get it running and keep it running.

After this, it can be updated as needed by users.

brad