[Webteam] Re: squeakfoundation.org main site

Karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Tue Oct 17 05:51:50 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:

>> stephane ducasse wrote:
>>

>>> Karl
>>>
>>> may be we should contact lukas to get some help.
>>> Ideally ESUG would like to get a ready to use image of Pier, this
>>> image would be free
>>> and everybody could use it.
>>>

>> I was thinking that Pier should be used. The question is how to get the
>> current content over efficiently without copy and paste. Actually, it
>> might not be that bad because I don't see a whole lot of content. Is there?
>>

> I've created a Pier image using the final 3.8 image (which needs to be pruned, I would imagine)
> I copied over the text from the current SqF wiki into this Pier image. I also linked everything.
> Everything seems to be working ok, although I haven't run it on that box2, just on my PC.
>
> It's in:
> ~/SqueakFoundation/images/SqF-Pier-1.image
>
> I can email all the port, display number and the other vitals (usernames, passwords) to individual email addresses for security.
>
> Left to do:
> * get a nice css and a header/image for the Squeak Foundation to make it look cool.
> * create a daemontool service to get it running and keep it running.
>
> After this, it can be updated as needed by users.
>

> brad
Great news. Ken gave us a port number for the Squeakfoundation image, 7780.
Stephane made a logo for Squeakfoundation, maybe we should use that for
the header image, it is somewhere on the old Squeakfoundation server.
As for a css just use the one there unless you want to make one. There
is a Pier/Seaside server, www.seasidehosting.st, that is open to the
community, maybe there is a cool css on one of the images there...
Anyway, thank you for doing this.
Karl