[Webteam] Front Page

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Tue Jan 9 00:09:27 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller skrev:
> What do you guys think about rearranging the front page to be a bit
> more sparse? Less text with "About Smalltalk" more about the cool
> applications that are happening. Specifically today, seaside and olpc
> are have enthusiasm around the world and maybe we could take advantage
> of that ride to promote Squeak on the first page.
Sounds good. We could move stuff over to other pages, like documentation.
> I like the next steps area (although it might be too long)
Yup. Not sure what to do with it.
> The "Main Squeak Portals" seems redundant because they are on the
> right side. We could use the explanation text as the mouse hover text
> on the right so we don't lose the descriptions of the portals.
This is just a leftover from before the yellow box existed but as you
say the additional text would get lost by erasing it. What do you mean
by hover text ? Some javascript stuff that pops up ? You could try that
on the test site first.

> Just a thought.

Also
In the news part: 'News posted' could be deleted I think, it's a bit
noisy now.
The date and time on the news feed is a bit elaborate, can it be just
the date ?

Karl