[Webteam] Need Comments and Final Approval

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Fri Jan 12 19:22:46 UTC 2007

Good work.
Looking at <http://wwwtest.squeak.org>...

- There appears to be an extra blank line just below the title Take Part in the Innovation.

- A day or so back the test site had matching light yellow background for the center pane with the main text. I thought it was kind of effective. I also like the green coloring of the Downloads pane as in <http://www.squeak.org> now. Perhaps the background colors could be different for each type of pane?

- I like the Weekly Squeak location for news. I'm wondering if 'Weekly Squeak' is explanation enough or does it need the word 'News' there somehow?

- What does the small 'View' link at the upper right mean? Is it necessary?

- I like the header/logo/image across the top. Good to keep the header small vertically to avoid using up too much screen real estate since it is always displayed.

- I do not think the small 'Squeak' link at upper left under the logo is necessary since the one below it in the pane appears to be the same.

- Perhaps Login should be there with View|Changes|Search?

- Could the View|Changes|Search|Login links have a short explanation when you click on them? ie Login to what? Why would you want to? How do you register to Login?

- In Extraordinary Squeak, there seems to be inconsistency in display of eToys. Which is correct? etoys, Etoys, eToys?

- Perhaps a (OLPC) could be added just after 'One Laptop Per Child'.

- Most available links highlight/underline when mouse hovering to show they are links, the ones in Weekly Squeak do not. However they display the text preview which is mostly already there. Perhaps the titles here could hover-highlight to show they are links, and the text itself could do a longer text preview when hovering.

Overall it looks like steady improvement. Thx for your efforts.

Ken G. Brown