[Webteam] Need Comments and Final Approval

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Jan 12 20:15:00 UTC 2007

Ken G. Brown wrote:
> Good work.
> Looking at <http://wwwtest.squeak.org>...
>
> - There appears to be an extra blank line just below the title Take Part in the Innovation.

Hmm... I believe that's on purpose because it's too tight to the header
at the top, otherwise.

> - A day or so back the test site had matching light yellow background for the center pane with the main text.

Do you mean like the bg color of the boxes?

> I thought it was kind of effective. I also like the green coloring of the Downloads pane as in <http://www.squeak.org> now. Perhaps the background colors could be different for each type of pane?

Karl likes the old colors. Do you like ALL the old colors?

> - I like the Weekly Squeak location for news. I'm wondering if 'Weekly Squeak' is explanation enough or does it need the word 'News' there somehow?

All that text is from an automatic feed.

> - What does the small 'View' link at the upper right mean? Is it necessary?

This is a wiki. You should see: View | Changes | Search.  If one logs
in, they have more options at that location (like, edit, history).

> - I like the header/logo/image across the top. Good to keep the header small vertically to avoid using up too much screen real estate since it is always displayed.
>
> - I do not think the small 'Squeak' link at upper left under the logo is necessary since the one below it in the pane appears to be the same.

It's a feature of Smallwiki. It shows the user the complete path of
where they are.

> - Perhaps Login should be there with View|Changes|Search?
>
> - Could the View|Changes|Search|Login links have a short explanation when you click on them? ie Login to what? Why would you want to? How do you register to Login?

I guess that could be in another page - a description of how to use the
wiki. Want to write it?

> - In Extraordinary Squeak, there seems to be inconsistency in display of eToys. Which is correct? etoys, Etoys, eToys?

Good point. I've seen it all ways. Since the squeakland.org and the olpc
wiki site has Etoys, I'll change it to that.

> - Perhaps a (OLPC) could be added just after 'One Laptop Per Child'.
>
> - Most available links highlight/underline when mouse hovering to show they are links, the ones in Weekly Squeak do not.

Thanks, I changed it.