[Webteam] Re: CSS tool

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Sat Jan 20 18:04:10 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Karl wrote:
>
>> Brad, did you see this tool on Digg?
>> http://isnoop.net/tools/css.php
>>
>> I just tested, it reduced the size off the css with 28 %
>>

> I ran it on newstyle7.css and quickly compared. It looks like it
> condenses styles that are the same. The only problem I see with this is
> that if you want to change, say, h1 of one style and it's the same as
> another, you'll have to split them out.
>
> It might have done some other things too, but I didn't check to closely.
>
> Thanks for pointing it out!

The times I been working with the css it was a not a fun experience.
Lots of scrolling and searching for tags etc.
If the css can be improved without breaking, it would a benefit.
The tool lists the elements alphabeticaly which is a good idea, less
scrolling.
So maybe it's a good idea to try it.
Karl