[Webteam] Download box, order, adding Linux

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gulik.co.nz
Fri Aug 29 00:28:35 UTC 2008

Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just implementing a download box component for a squeaksite demo
> and wondering if:
>
> - Linux should be added
> - order changed: Linux, Mac, Windows, Others
>
> Now it is Windows, Mac and Others (see top left box on every page).
>
> I think adding Linux is a must, because Linux is prime example of Open
> Source movement, part of it we are too.
>
> That's also a reason that Windows as the complete antitesis of OS
> movement is put down from the first place. Well, there are still many
> Windows users coming as newcomers, but I think there are more and more
> Mac users right now, so ...
>
> What do you think?

Being a pragmatist, I think it would be better to get a survey from the
rest of the community or get download statistics and list them in order
of popularity.

I don't really care what the hardware or OS is; Squeak is it's own
environment that turns everything below it into a replaceable commodity.

Gulik.